When it comes to moving to a new house, you feel like packing each and everything. You don’t want to leave anything behind and eventually, your packing boxes are stuffed with both important and not-so-important items. The trouble arises when at the time of unpacking. You don’t know where to keep the stuff and can’t decide whether you need them or not.Packing is the first step of your home moving procedure and it is such a task that cannot be done in a hurry. You require planning, and of course a few smart tricks to complete your packing procedure efficiently. By doing so, home moving will not only be easier for you but also for your Toowoomba removals professionals. Great, isn’t it?
In this blog, we have included some steps to simplify the first stage of your move – PACKING.
1. Declutter your items: Are you running to the store to get all the required packing materials? Wait a minute. You first need to determine which items you’ll need and which are not worth carrying. You may require 2-3 days to declutter your home but the duration depends on how big or small your house is. After decluttering comes assessing. That is, which items are heavy, light, fragile or unbreakable. While you may think of stuffing everything inside a box or two, it may not work that way. Thus start packing from beforehand so that you don’t have to rush at the last moment and curse yourself for any mistake that you may make.
2. Categorize: By now, you must have understood that there are too many things and you cannot just stuff them into one box. You need to have separate boxes for your clothes, another one for your books, accessories and furnishings, the third one for all small to medium sized gadgets and so on. Packing in this way will give off a more organized relocation experience and it will also be convenient for your Toowoomba removals experts to quickly put them at their proper places.
3. Have a checklist: Now that you have decided which items you require and how many boxes you’ll be needing, it is time to create a checklist of all your belongings. This will prevent you from forgetting any item and also at the time of unpacking, you can keep a track of all the items that you have bought along. Having a room-wise checklist can be of great help. It can be like this:
- Bedding items
- Table lamps, remote, chargers
- Cosmetics and jewellery
- Spices and dry food items
4. Buy sturdy boxes: You have so many things and not buying durable boxes to carry them safely is a foolish act. Invest in boxes that are durable enough to carry your items. Make sure these boxes won’t betray you midway on the road – that is the boxes should not get damaged due to a little bit of jerk, water or other factors. It is advisable to buy larger boxes to fit in all your items conveniently because the more the number of boxes, the more you and your Toowoomba removalist have to keep a track.
5. Secure and label the boxes: Your items are safely placed in sturdy boxes but to prevent them from falling off while being carried, you need to secure them properly. For the most effective results, secure your boxes using various tapes, wraps and packing materials. Not securing your boxes properly might wreak damage to your belongings. So, if you don’t want to be disappointed to see most of your things broken and damaged while unpacking, use lots of tapes to secure your boxes. Another important packing tip is labelling the boxes correctly. Take a good black marker and label the boxes clearly according to the rooms in which they will be kept. This way it will be easier for you to unpack quickly without much confusion.
Conclusion: Packing constitutes a major step in a home moving procedure. And the sooner you start, the better will be the results. So, stop procrastinating, call a Toowoomba removals expert today and begin with your packing operation to make your final moving day hassle-free. To know more about our furniture removalist services, reach us on www.domainremovalists.com.au/pre-packing-and-packing .